Home to the highest rafted waterfall on the planet.
Don't be scared almost anyone can do it.
Prior to dropping off the face of the Earth you will raft through pre historic Aotearoa (New Zealand) that is the Kaituna River.
Only 15 minutes drive from Rotorua this is the ultimate half-day excursion.
You only live once so BOOK NOW.
The Kaituna River has long been the source of life for the local iwi (tribe). It supplied Kai (food) and wai (water) needed for survival. However it has not always been a peaceful place, for centuries the local warriors of Ngati Hinerangi battled to keep their Taonga (treasure) that is the Kaituna.
Now 200 years on with Rotorua Rafting you are the warrior, battling Papatuanuku (Earth Mother) against one of it's most powerful elements and the 7 metre waterfall.
Dressed in the highest standard equipment and being guided by World medaling raft guides and World Champion Safety kayakers you are sure to be victorious in your battle.
- Rotorua Rafting raft the Kaituna river daily from October through till May.
- We also provide a courtesy shuttle from central Rotorua.
- Normal trip times are 9am, 12pm, and 2pm although we can go with the flow to suit your needs.
- No experience necessary.
- Age limit: 10 years half river trip, 13 years and over full river trip (must fit safety equipment).
- We provide wetsuit, booties, helmet, buoyancy aids and a good time.
- Just bring your smile, screams, togs and towel.
- Grade 5 action
- Price: $95 per person